Lotto 6 lottery is held every Monday and Thursday except the year-end and New Year holidays. When a number is selected by lottery, depending on how many numbers overlap with the number you selected, the first prize is 200 million yen, the second prize is about 10 million yen, the third prize is 300,000 yen, the fourth prize is 6,800 yen, and the fifth prize is 1,000 yen. You can win prizes.
If a carryover occurs, the maximum winning amount for the first prize will reach 600 million yen. Lotto 6 is held all year round and can be purchased at lottery counters, online, bank ATMs, and more. It’s gaining popularity because it’s as easy as choosing a number, and because it’s cheap, many people try it with a little luck!
Lotto 6 winning probability
There are a total of 6,096,454 ways to choose the numbers for Lotto 6. And each winning probability is as follows.
- 1st prize: 1 / 6,096,454 (0.00000016%)
- 2nd prize: 6 / 6,096,454 (0.000098%)
- 3rd prize: 216 / 6,096,454 (0.0035%)
- 4th grade: 9,990 / 6,096,454 (0.016%)
- 5th grade: 155,400 / 6,096,454 (2.55%)
- Two matches: 990,675 / 6,096,454 (16.25%)
- One match: 2,615,382 / 6,096,454 (42.90%)
- Complete loss: 2,324,784 / 6,096,454 (38.13%)
The total probability from 1st to 5th is 165,613 / 6,096,454, and if you challenge Lotto 6, you will have a 2.72% chance of winning one of the prizes. In other words, 97.28% is out of the game, which means that it is very difficult to win a prize in Lotto 6.
Comparison with other lottery tickets
Lotto 6 is 200 yen per bit as already introduced. On the other hand, Dream Jumbo costs 300 yen per bit. If you buy 600 yen each, you will be able to purchase 3 units for Lotto 6 and 2 units for Dream Jumbo.
Then, the higher the number of purchases, the higher the probability of winning, so the probability of winning 1st prize in Lotto 6 is about 1 in 2 million, and the probability of winning 1st prize in Dream Jumbo is 1 in 2.5 million.
In other words, if you simply buy one, Dream Jumbo has a higher probability of winning, but if you invest the same amount, Lotto 6 is cheaper, so you can buy more and the probability of winning is Dream. It will be higher than the jumbo. Considering this, Lotto 6 is a lottery that is easy to win. Since the probability of winning Lotto 6 is low, it is recommended to purchase multiple lottery cards in one lottery.
Is it possible to predict the winning number?
So, in Lotto 6, is it possible to predict the winning number before the lottery is held? From the conclusion, it is impossible to predict the winning number.
In Lotto 6, the winning numbers will be randomly determined using an electric stirring centrifugal type lottery machine (nickname: Yume Lotto-kun) at the time of lottery. In other words, which number is chosen is completely random. This makes it completely impossible to decide which number will win.
If there are vendors who will tell you the winning number of Lotto 6 or solicit you to win if you choose this number, be aware that these are highly likely to be fraudulent.…